Aavegotchi has introduced FAKE Gotchis and the Gotchiverse Art Release, igniting a whole range of creativity within the wider community. One brings curated Aavegotchi-inspired artworks to the market, while the other allows landowners to place their artworks in Gotchiverse. It’s not without reason that some call this the Gotchi Renaissance, or Gotchissance for short.
has gone through a whole lot of development this year. The project went from a somewhat passive petting and breeding GameFi project, to a virtual world where players build, farm and socialize. The latest two additions add a whole new dimension of creativity to the Gotchiverse.
FAKE Gotchis, real art
Withthe Aavegotchi community welcomes a crypto art collection based around the Aavegotchi universe and the lore of the Gotchiverse. The ‘FAKE’ in FAKE Gotchis stands for Frenly Art Karmic Experiment, highlighting the project’s intention to spread good vibes. Through FAKE Gotchis any artist can create a piece of NFT art that people can acquire through OpenSea, the Aavegotchi Baazaar, and also FakeGotchis.com
Community curation must ensure that the minted FAKE Gotchi artworks all fit the Aavegotchi vibe. Therefore, to mint an NFT artwork, one will need a FAKE Gotchi Card. However, there are only 2535 cards available.
These cards will be distributed as follows:
- 35 cards go the Pixelcraft Studios for official partnerships
- 1,000 cards go to the Aavegotchi community:
- Top 334 Aavegotchis by BRS (airdrop)
- Top 333 Aavegotchis by Kinship (airdrop)
- Top 333 Aavegotchis by XP (airdrop)
- The remaining cards will be distributed using a Drop Ticket Raffle
Cardholders can sell their FAKE Gotchi Card on the marketplace, give it to an artist, or they can serve as a publisher.
The FAKE Gotchi minting process
Not everybody can just mint an artwork to the FAKE Gotchis collection. The community completely drives this project, but there are some guidelines in place:
- When you submit an artwork, you also need to own a Fake Gotchi Card. You will burn this NFT card during the minting process upon submission.
- One FAKE Gotchi Card allows artists to mint up to 100 copies of their artwork. There’s a total of 2535 FAKE Gotchi Cards on the market, nothing more and nothing less.
- After the submission, the artwork enters the queue. Here the community will curate the artwork. It needs to follow some rules:
- Every artwork needs to be inspired by Aavegotchi or the greater lore of the Gotchiverse.
- Every artwork needs to be safe for work, so no offensive content.
- Low effort artworks or copycats will not be accepted into the collection.
- An artist that has seen their artwork rejected will not get their FAKE Gotchi Card back. However, an artist may be requested to edit and resubmit. In that case they will receive a new FAKE Gotchi Card.
Display art in the Gotchiverse
Having an amazing Aavegotchi inspired artwork is one thing, but being able to show it within the Gotchiverse eats the cake. That’s why the Aavegotchi crew, allowing landowners to show off NFTs from certain collections on their own land. This includes the FAKE Gotchis art collection, and other Aavegotchi NFTs including Realm Parcels, Portals and Aavegotchis themselves.
The cool thing about these NFT Displays is that they are much more than just displays. Passersby can stand on a display and this artwork will pop-up, showing more details about the piece. There will even be a Buy Now button, if it’s for sale.
Ultimately any NFT collection whitelisted in the Aavegotchi Baazaar can be listed and purchased directly in the Gotchiverse. There’s no need to leave the game. For other collections there will be a direct link to OpenSea.
New crafting recipes
Over the past months we’ve seen various crafting recipes being added to the Gotchiverse. Players can accumulate FUD, FOMO, ALPHA, and KEK tokens to craft new NFT items, often for a limited amount of time. For example, we’ve seen various decorative tiles hit the market. In addition crafting and upgrading of Installations, which optimize the harvest of said tokens, also requires these tokens.
With the introduction of NFT Displays, players receive another set of crafting recipes. Initially there will be four sizes, each with a basic and limited edition Golden skin. To craft these displays, players will need the following:
- 4?4 NFT Display: 400 FUD, 600 ALPHA, 100 KEK
- 4?6/6?4 NFT Display: 600 FUD, 800 ALPHA, 200 KEK
- 8?8 NFT Display: 1,600 FUD, 2,000 ALPHA, 600 KEK
- 4?4 LE Golden NFT Display: 4,000 FUD, 6,000 ALPHA, & 1,000 KEK
- 4?6/6?4 LE Golden NFT Display: 6,000 FUD, 8,000 ALPHA, 2,000 KEK
- 8?8 LE Golden NFT Display: 16,000 FUD, 20,000 ALPHA, 6,000 KEK
How to attract an audience
The Gotchiverse is big and full of adventure. When you’re displaying or selling NFT artworks, you will also need to attract an audience. That’s quite a challenge, but one that becomes easier thanks to the introduction of Bounce Gates. Simply craft a Bounce GATE for free, and use GLTR to maintain the portal. The Bounce Gate consumes 1 GLTR per block, meaning that it will require 15.7 million GLTR per year to be active all the time.
In addition landowners can boost their event and make their portal a priority for those visiting the Gotchiverse. Simply spend 1 FUD, FOMO, ALPHA or KEK, and it will add 1, 2, 4 or 10 priority points. The more you spend, the higher your event will show in the charts.
So far, only owners of an Aavegotchi NFT can visit the Gotchiverse. But that will change as well. Players without an Aavegotchi can now enter the world as an Observooor. Simply sign-in using a Web3 wallet, and anybody can enter the Gotchiverse using Observooor Mode.
Aavegotchi growing into greatness
FAKE Gotchis and NFT Displays may seem like small updates, but these solidify that Aavegotchi is more than just a metaverse GameFi project. These latest updates emphasize that the Gotchigang is real, and they are all frens.
Over the past two years Aavegotchi has become a true example of GameFi, combining elements of decentralized finance with gaming. As a gamer or investor the Aavegotchi platform offers more than 5 ways to earn crypto tokens. Since this calendar year, the gaming and community elements have only become stronger. Players can now borrow and lend Aavegotchis, and then use those pixel ghosts to farm resources. At the same time the Gotchiverse is growing, adding new features at a rapid pace.
With an all-time trading volume of more than $131 million, Aavegotchi has made a name for itself. At this moment more than 2,000 players per day interact with the project. They pet their Aavegotchis, harvest their resources and socialize in the Gotchiverse. Despite the macroeconomic turmoil In the past 2 months,the project has seen $1.5 million in NFT trading volume. You can check out the latest sales, live.
Carry your Web3 journey with you
With the DappRadar mobile app never miss out on Web3 again. See the performance of the most popular dapps, and keep an eye on the NFTs in your portfolio. Your account on DappRadar syncs with our mobile app, giving you soon the option to receive alerts live as they happen!